The sun is out, summer is finally with us, so it’s time to drum up every excuse you can to be “doing things” in the garden! We thought we’d give you a hand by creating a list of jobs / chores / essential projects that you definitely need to be getting on with…
- Place conservatory plants outside now that it is warm
- Water tubs and new plants if they’ve dried out. Keep on top of the weeding, feeding, deadheading and watering
- If you are growing your own vegetables then pick courgettes before they become marrows
- Whilst it’s dry weather, raise the mower blades slightly as longer grass stays greener
- Give woodwork a lick of paint or preserver, while the weather is dry
Once you’ve completed the above, which we consider “the basics” then you can always take a chance at extending your time in the garden by coming up with some more bizarre projects..
We’ve scoured the internet, so you do have to, in order to find some new ways of keeping busy outdoors!
Make a giant Scrabble set
Build a garden tepee
We’d love to hear what ideas you’ve come up with to keep yourselves busy in the garden so do let us know…