THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED.
We are seeking an experienced Wood Machinist to join our busy and growing operation in Bean, near Dartford.
At Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants, we offer a range of cutting and milling facilities at both our branches. We produce a variety of machined goods for a wide range of uses to a client base including building contractors, carpenters, joiners, furniture makers, timber framers, architects, landscapers, fencing contractors and the general public.
- Set up and prepare the machine to produce required quality and dimensions.
- Correctly load timber / sheet into machine to ensure a quality product of the specified dimensions is presented to the customer in a safe and acceptable manner.
- Advise the Yard Foreman of any quality concerns regarding the timber / sheet produced
- Produce high quality work efficiently within given deadlines.
- Carry out basic machine maintenance to ensure quality and safety and report any issues to the Yard Foreman.
- Keep a good, clean and safe working environment by use of good housekeeping techniques.
- Ensure any liquid, oil or chemical spills are cleaned up to avoid damage to the environment and ensure the Yard Foreman is notified.
- Correctly complete any required paperwork to allow satisfactory monitoring of cost, stock holding and efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have extensive experience within the woodworking industry
- Be competent in operating a variety of woodwork machines e.g. rip saw, band saw, spindle, planer thicknesser (training will be provided)
- Be able to identify various wood species e.g. Meranti, Maple.
- Be able to read and fully understand technical drawings
- Be literate and numerate, in terms of checking timber products in and out of the yard, and have the ability to work out metreages
- Have good hand-eye co-ordination
- Have the ability to identify described faults and a have a good understanding of Health & Safety requirements in a woodworking machinery environment
- Be hardworking and enthusiastic
- Be proactive and self-motivated to ensure that the mill is working at full capacity
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Be physically fit and energetic
- Be able to handle repetitive manual tasks
- Have excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Have own transport
A City & Guilds/NVQ qualification in Wood Machining is preferable.
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm and every other Saturday 8am to 12noon (47 hours per week).
Annual holiday entitlement will be 28 days holiday, including Bank Holidays.
This is a full time, permanent role. Salary dependent on experience.
Interested in joining us? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent an application form in confidence.
* No agencies please *