Timber Yard Operative
We are seeking an experienced Timber Yard Operative to join our busy and growing operation in Bean, near Dartford.
Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants comprises two branches which supply timber and allied products to Trade and Public across the South East of England. We serve many industry professionals, including building contractors, joiners, carpenters, landscapers and fencing contractors, as well as DIY enthusiasts.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a keen interest or experience in the timber industry
• Hold a qualification by an accredited trainer in safely and effectively operating a counterbalance forklift truck (not essential)
• Be literate and numerate, in terms of checking timber products in and out of the yard, and have the ability to work out metreages
• Have a good understanding of Health & Safety requirements in a timber yard environment
• Have good hand-eye co-ordination
• Be physically fit and energetic
• Be able to handle repetitive manual tasks
• Have good communication skills
• Be able to work as part of a team as well as independently
• Be happy to work in all weathers
• Be hardworking and enthusiastic
• Be proactive and self-motivated to ensure that the yard is working at full capacity
• Have excellent timekeeping and attendance
• Have own transport
• Accurately picking products for customer orders
• Loading goods for customers
• Unloading inbound lorries
• General housekeeping in the yard and keeping a good, clean and safe working environment
Full time, permanent.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 7.30am to 5pm and every other Saturday 8am to 12noon (44.5 hours per week).
28 days holiday, including Bank Holidays.
Company pension scheme.
Salary – Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Interested in joining us?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent an application form in confidence.
*No agencies please*
Closing date for applications – Friday 7th October 2016