Business Development Manager – Bean, Kent
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to proactively lead all sales activity, to develop new business leads and sales, as well as help grow and maintain existing customers.
An excellent opportunity to join a well-established timber merchant with a respected brand and product/service offering. The successful candidate will be tasked with selling a range of softwood, hardwood and sheet material products and will proactively lead all sales activity to develop new business enquiries and sales.
Some of your time will be spent at our base in Bean, Kent and some visiting accounts across the South East.
Up to £32k plus management bonus scheme, car allowance, 28 days holiday incl. Bank Holidays
7am to 5pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 12pm every other Saturday
To be considered for this role you must have a minimum of two years’ successful timber and sheet material sales experience in a similar role. Product wise, you should have a very good knowledge of timber products and be confident in suggesting marketing campaigns suitable for our customer base.
- Be highly self-motivated;
- Be able to develop important new credit-worthy business customers;
- Be able to manage margins through pricing and supplier management;
- Be able to contribute, as a member of the Senior Management Team, to the overall management and development of the business;
- Be able to direct the internal customer service team in respect of pricing and supplier / customer relationships and agreed selling activities;
- Have the highest standard of attention to detail and display a very good standard of numeracy and written/grammatical communication;
- Be of smart appearance;
- Have good knowledge of Chain of Custody sourcing/supply.
To apply for this role, please request an Employment Application Form and send a CV to Helen Andrews at email@example.com.
** No agencies please **