Join our Team!
Transport Manager – Bean, Kent
We are seeking an experienced and CPC qualified Transport Manager to join our busy and growing operation in Bean, near Dartford in Kent.
The role requires maximising use of the vehicles; liaising with customers, drivers and colleagues; looking after the fleet to a high standard; legal compliance and health & safety excellence; maintaining accurate and up-to-date records; and working as part of a friendly, dedicated team.
Forestrall comprises two branches in Kent which supply timber and associated products to Trade and Public across the South East of England and serves many industry professionals, including building contractors, joiners, carpenters, landscapers and fencing contractors, as well as DIY enthusiasts.
Main duties include:
- Route deliveries to ensure efficiency is maximised
- Responsiblity for overseeing up to ten drivers
- Keep abreast of transport legislation and ensure the company stays compliant with the requirements and terms of its Vehicle Operator’s Licence
- Ensure the Company and its employees comply with the rules on working time in accordance with the Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations
- Manage and analyse the vehicle fleet and driver information using Tachomaster
- Investigate and manage any infringements, offences or accidents
- Be responsible for Health and Safety issues associated with transport
- Manage and ensure servicing, maintenance and condition of vehicles is kept to a high standard
- Maintain comprehensive, up-to-date and accurate records
- Provide regular management reports
- Monitor and manage fuel consumption
- Manage the company’s membership to FORS and the FTA and Congestion Charging/Dart Charge accounts
Skills and essentials:
- Transport Manager CPC qualification
- Excellent knowledge of transport legislative requirements
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory position
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical, numerical and organisational skills
Salary range: £30k-£35k per annum
Working hours: Monday to Friday 6am to 4pm and every other Saturday 7am to 10am (46.5 hours per week).
28 days holiday per year, including Bank Holidays.
Company pension scheme.
To apply for this role, please send a CV to Helen Andrews at email@example.com.
* No agencies please *