We are seeking an experienced full-time, permanent HGV/LGV Lorry Delivery Driver to join our busy and growing operation in Bean, near Dartford, DA2 8AH.
Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants comprises two branches serving many industry professionals, including building contractors, joiners, carpenters, landscapers and fencing contractors, as well as DIY enthusiasts. We are known for supplying the right timber products on time, every time across the South East of England.
Most of our work is in and around the London and Kent area and we work on a multi-drop basis. Some jobs will need to be unloaded by hand, others using the crane. We deliver to both construction sites and customers’ homes.
As a Forestrall delivery driver, you will be required to safely and securely deliver goods to our customers whilst representing the company with a professional approach. You will be loading and unloading so heavy lifting will be involved. In addition, your job role will include supporting your colleagues within the yard and office.
- An owner of a clean driving licence?
- Certified to drive HGV/LGV Class 2 Category C 18 tonne / 26 tonne vehicles?
- Experienced at the above type of driving (minimum 2 years) and completing multi-drop deliveries?
- A valid digital tachograph driver smart card/CPC holder with an excellent understanding of compliance to Working Time regulations and drivers’ hours’ rules?
- Experienced in operating a crane lorry (training will be provided)?
- Top notch at customer service with a “Can Do” attitude to customers and colleagues alike?
- Self-motivated, with a flexible approach and excellent communication skills?
- Efficient in completing all relevant paperwork and following instructions?
Hours: Monday to Friday 6.00am to 3.30pm and Saturdays 7.00am to 10.00am (3 weekends on, 1 weekend off), 44.75 hours per week.
(No long haul, late evenings or nights out required.)
Holiday: 28 days, including Bank Holidays.
Company pension scheme.
Salary: £25k to £27k per annum.
Interested in joining us? Please email or post your C.V. to us as follows. Email: Helen Andrews – firstname.lastname@example.org. Postal Address: The Transport Manager, Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants, The Old Woodyard, Watling Street, Bean, Kent DA2 8AH. Please mark your envelope private and confidential.