We are looking for someone with outstanding customer service skills to be our own “front of house”, welcoming customers and other visitors to our busy timber yard in Bean, near Dartford, giving them assistance and direction.
Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants comprises two branches in Kent serving many industry professionals, including building contractors, joiners, carpenters, landscapers and fencing contractors, as well as DIY enthusiasts. We are known for supplying the right timber products on time, every time across the South East of England.
Key Tasks of the Gatehouse Customer Service Person:
- Operate from and man our “Gatehouse” at the entrance to our timber yard.
- Receive visitors and direct them to the relevant person/area.
- Be Forestrall’s Vehicle Banksman to assist with the manoeuvring and loading/unloading of vehicles to ensure safety and prevent accidents or damage.
- Check/count the timber coming in and out of our yard.
- Check and sign every Vehicle Checklist Form before Forestrall drivers leave the yard for duty.
- Oversee the customer and staff car parks to ensure optimum standards and best use of the space available.
- Keep a record of the number of customers entering the yard on each trading day throughout the year.
- Scan in delivery/collection notes onto computer system and distribute to colleagues.
- Record and maintain details of returned goods and forward information to the relevant colleagues.
- Carry out firefighting equipment checks, housekeeping and toilet checks and maintain records.
- Assist in keeping the yard safe and tidy.
- Assist the Yard team when required during busy periods:
- Accurately pick products for customer orders and check products in and out of the yard.
- Correctly complete any required paperwork.
- Securely and safely load goods for customers.
- Safely unload inbound lorries.
Key skills required:
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to dissolve any customer complaints/dissatisfaction
- Well presented with a happy and cheerful outlook all the time
- High levels of numeracy, written and administration skills
- Ability to maintain an orderly filing system
- Happy to work outside in the fresh air/in an outside building
- Physically fit and well
- Timber knowledge would be helpful but not essential
- Knowledge of basic health and safety procedures would be helpful, training will be provided
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm and alternate Saturday mornings 8am to 12pm.
Holiday: 20 days a year (5 days to be taken during Christmas/New Year business shutdown), plus Public/Bank Holidays.
Workplace pension plan.
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Please email or post your C.V. to us as follows.
Email: Helen Andrews – email@example.com. Postal Address: The Managing Director, Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants, The Old Woodyard, Watling Street, Bean, Kent DA2 8AH. Please mark your envelope private and confidential. You will be sent an employment application form for completion and return.
NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE