We are seeking an experienced Sales Person to join our sales team and make an immediate contribution to our busy operation in Bean, near Dartford. An excellent opportunity to join a well-established timber merchant with a respected brand and product/service offering.
Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants comprises two branches in Kent serving many industry professionals, including building contractors, joiners, carpenters, landscapers and fencing contractors, as well as DIY enthusiasts. We are known for supplying the right timber products on time, every time across the South East of England.
As a proactive team member, you will be based in the sales team developing and maintaining outstanding customer relations to maximise profitability and uphold the good reputation of the company. You will ensure that customers experience an efficient and effective service and are completely satisfied with the advice and support given. You will actively engage with dormant account holders to promote our products and services, with the aim of new and ongoing sales.
- Maintain and grow provided customer area.
- Source new sales opportunities.
- Make proactive calls and achieve daily call targets.
- Plan and execute customer visits as per given guidelines.
- Manage enquiries/quotes promptly and efficiently.
- Answer calls within the company’s required procedure.
- Greet customers and establish their purchase needs.
- Ensure the needs of customers are fulfilled.
- Optimise add-on sales.
- Provide advice on alternative and/or more suitable products.
- Efficiently and accurately process orders.
- Obtain best possible prices from suppliers to fulfil orders.
- Maintain trading margin within company expectations.
- Assist with the Trade Counter.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
Key attributes for this role:
- To speak in a friendly, professional way to customers/potential customers, listening to their needs and answering any questions they might have.
- To advise customers about a product’s different features, give product recommendations and help find options to suit their requirements.
- To be resilient, able to overcome barriers and to bounce back if you don’t win a sale – not every customer is going to be a sale.
The ideal candidate:
- Will have at least 1 year internal sales experience/customer service experience;
- Will ideally have knowledge of/experience in the timber industry;
- Will have excellent communications skills;
- Will have telesales experience and be used to dialling dozens of calls per day;
- Will be target driven;
- Will have a positive and ambitious outlook;
- Will have the ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively;
- Will have high levels of numeracy, written and administration skills;
- Must have Microsoft Outlook experience and be IT competent;
- Must hold a full UK driver’s licence.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience/industry knowledge
Holiday: 20 days a year (5 days to be taken during Christmas/New Year business shutdown), plus Public/Bank Holidays.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm and alternate Saturday mornings 8am to 12pm
Workplace pension plan
Please email or post your C.V. to us as follows.
Email: Helen Andrews – email@example.com. Postal Address: The Managing Director, Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants, The Old Woodyard, Watling Street, Bean, Kent DA2 8AH. Please mark your envelope private and confidential. You will be sent an employment application form for completion and return.
NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE