We are seeking a Van Delivery Driver to join our busy depot in Bean, near Dartford. An excellent opportunity to join a well-established timber merchant with a respected brand and product/service offering.
Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants comprises two branches in Kent serving many industry professionals, including building contractors, joiners, carpenters, landscapers and fencing contractors, as well as DIY enthusiasts. We are known for supplying the right timber products on time, every time across the South East of England from our depots in Bean and Gillingham.
Most of our work is in and around the London and Kent area and we work on a multi-drop basis. We deliver to both construction sites and customers’ homes.
- An owner of a clean driving licence?
- Experienced at completing multi-drop deliveries?
- Top notch at customer service with a “Can Do” attitude to customers and colleagues alike?
- Self-motivated, with a flexible approach and excellent communication skills?
- Efficient in completing all relevant paperwork and following instructions and procedures?
As a Forestrall delivery driver, you will be required to safely and securely deliver goods to our customers, whilst representing the company with a professional approach. You will be loading and unloading so heavy lifting will be involved. In addition, the role includes assisting colleagues within the yard and liaising with the office.
- Drive the company’s vehicles in a safe manner, adhering to speed limits and the Highway Code at all times.
- Safely and securely load vehicles with sheeting/straps and unload and deliver goods by the specified deadline.
- Provide and maintain a high level of customer service.
- Carry out ‘walkaround checks’ before driving a company vehicle for the first time every day. Complete and sign a vehicle checklist for every walkaround check.
- Keep the vehicle clean and tidy.
- Telephone every customer for the day’s deliveries before leaving the branch to provide best estimated time of arrival. Give updates to customers as appropriate.
- Correctly follow any special instructions listed on delivery notes.
Hours: Monday to Friday 7.00am to 5.00pm and every other Saturday 8.00am to 12.00pm midday.
Holiday: 20 days a year (5 days to be taken during Christmas/New Year business shutdown), plus Public/Bank Holidays.
Workplace pension plan.
Salary: £22,200 per annum.
Please email or post your C.V. to us as follows.
Email: Helen Andrews – email@example.com. Postal Address: The Transport Manager, Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants, The Old Woodyard, Watling Street, Bean, Kent DA2 8AH. Please mark your envelope private and confidential. You will be sent an employment application form for completion and return.
NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE