We are seeking a Yard Operative/Delivery Driver to join our busy depot in Bean, near Dartford. An excellent opportunity to join a well-established timber merchant with a respected brand and product/service offering.
Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants comprises two branches in Kent serving many industry professionals, including building contractors, joiners, carpenters, landscapers and fencing contractors, as well as DIY enthusiasts. We are known for supplying the right timber products on time, every time across the South East of England.
- Accurately pick products for customer orders and check products in and out of the yard.
- Correctly complete any required paperwork.
- Securely and safely load goods for customers.
- Safely unload inbound lorries.
- After successful training and experience, use woodwork machines to produce high quality work efficiently within given deadlines.
- General housekeeping in the yard and keeping a good, clean and safe working environment.
- When required during busy times, drive the company’s vehicles and deliver goods:
- Safely and securely load vehicles with sheeting and unload and deliver goods by the specified deadline.
- Drive the company’s vehicles in a safe and courteous manner, adhering to speed limits and the Highway Code at all times.
- Follow and adhere to company procedures and policies.
- Provide and maintain a high level of customer service.
- Cover Gatehouse duties when required e.g. lunch breaks/annual leave, including:
- Receive visitors and direct them to the relevant person/area.
- Check and sign every Vehicle Checklist Form before Forestrall drivers leave the yard for duty.
- Vehicle banksman – assist with the manoeuvring and loading/unloading of vehicles to ensure safety and prevent accidents or damage.
- Check/count the timber coming in and out of our yard whether it be on our own vehicles, our customers’ or our suppliers’ vehicles.
Training will be provided.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be physically fit and energetic;
- Hold a full UK driver’s licence;
- Have good hand-eye co-ordination;
- Be able to handle repetitive manual tasks;
- Be hardworking and enthusiastic;
- Have good communication skills;
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Be happy to work in all weathers;
- Be proactive and self-motivated to ensure that the yard is working at full capacity;
- Have excellent timekeeping and attendance;
- Be literate and numerate, in terms of checking timber products in and out of the yard;
- Have own transport;
- Have the ability to work out metreages (training will be given);
- Have a keen interest or experience in the timber industry (not essential);
- Hold a qualification by an accredited trainer in safely and effectively operating a counterbalance forklift truck (not essential).
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm and alternate Saturday mornings 8am to 12pm
Workplace pension plan.
Holiday: 20 days a year (5 days to be taken during Christmas/New Year business shutdown), plus Public/Bank Holidays.
Salary: £22,200 per annum
Please email or post your C.V. to us as follows.
Email: Helen Andrews – email@example.com. Postal Address: The Managing Director, Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants, The Old Woodyard, Watling Street, Bean, Kent DA2 8AH. Please mark your envelope private and confidential. You will be sent an employment application form for completion and return.
NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE