We have two Gatehouse Customer Service Person vacancies on a part-time job share basis.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 7.00am to 5.00pm and alternate Saturday mornings 8.00am to 12.00pm, an average of 29 hours per week. Salary: £13,200 per annum
- Thursday and Friday 7.00am to 5.00pm and alternate Saturday mornings 8.00am to 12.00pm, an average of 20 hours per week. Salary: £9,100 per annum
We are looking for candidates with outstanding customer service skills to be our own “front of house”, welcoming customers and other visitors to our busy timber yard in Bean, near Dartford, giving them assistance and direction.
Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants comprises two branches in Kent serving many industry professionals, including building contractors, joiners, carpenters, landscapers and fencing contractors, as well as DIY enthusiasts. We are known for supplying the right timber products on time, every time across the South East of England.
Key Tasks of the Gatehouse Customer Service Person:
- Operate from and man our Gatehouse at the entrance to our timber yard.
- Receive visitors and direct them to the relevant person/area.
- Be Forestrall’s Vehicle Banksman to assist with the manoeuvring and loading/unloading of vehicles to ensure safety and prevent accidents or damage (training will be provided).
- Check/count the timber coming in and out of our yard.
- Inspect straps on our loaded vehicles to ensure they are not twisted and there is no visible deterioration such as fraying and ensure tarpaulins are in good condition.
- Check and sign every Vehicle Checklist Form before Forestrall drivers leave the yard for duty.
- Oversee the customer and staff car parks to ensure optimum standards and best use of the space available.
- Scan in delivery/collection notes onto computer system and distribute to colleagues.
- Record and maintain details of returned goods and forward information to the relevant colleagues.
- Carry out firefighting equipment checks, housekeeping and toilet checks and maintain records.
- Assist in keeping the yard safe and tidy.
- Preferably provide holiday cover for job share colleague.
- Assist the Yard team when required during busy periods:
- Accurately pick products for customer orders and check products in and out of the yard.
- Correctly complete any required paperwork.
- Securely and safely load goods for customers.
- Safely unload inbound lorries.
Key skills required:
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to dissolve any customer complaints/dissatisfaction
- Well presented with a happy and cheerful outlook
- High levels of numeracy, written and administration skills
- Ability to maintain an orderly filing system
- Happy to work outside in the fresh air/in an outside building
- Physically fit
- Timber knowledge would be helpful but not essential
- Knowledge of basic health and safety procedures would be helpful, training will be provided
Holiday: 20 days a year plus Public/Bank Holidays (pro rata)*
*up to 5 days to be taken during Christmas/New Year business shutdown
Workplace pension plan.
Please email or post your C.V. to us as follows:
Email: Helen Andrews – firstname.lastname@example.org. Postal Address: The Managing Director, Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants, The Old Woodyard, Watling Street, Bean, Dartford, Kent DA2 8AH. You will be sent an employment application form for completion and return.
NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE